Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Lord is My Shepherd

                 GOLDEN PROMISES














     
                     
                      “The Lord is My Shepherd”

The shepherd at the end of the day would lead his sheep
back to the sheepfold “through the valley of the shadow of death”,
the valley where wild animals might be lurking in the shadows.
The sheep would stay close to the Shepherd for safety.
Jesus said, “I am the Good Shepherd”  John 10:11.
When we are distressed and experience “shadows” in our
life, may we hear the Words of Jesus,
                          “I am the Good Shepherd,
                           I know my sheep and they know me,..
                           and no one shall snatch them out of my
                           hands.” John 10:14, 28.
David had experienced “shadows” in his life.  King Saul
threatened his life.  He lost a little child shortly after birth. 
His wife Michal mocked and spurned him.  His son Absolam
rebelled against him.  He often walked through the valley of gloom.
But he could say, “YEA, THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE
                        VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH,
                        I FEAR NO EVIL.  FOR THOU ART WITH ME.”
A mother lost he son in death.  She shut herself up in her room and
refused to be comforted.  The Pastor came and saw her.  For a long
time he said nothing.  Then he began to pray,
             “The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want;
..           He makes me lie down in green pastures,
             He leads me beside the still waters;
             He restores my soul.
             He leads me in the paths of righteousness
             For His name's sake.
             Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow
             of death
                           I fear no evil, for thou art with me;
                           Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
              Thou prepares a table before me
                          In the presence of my enemies.
              Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows.
              Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
                          All the days of my life;
               And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord                            
                         For ever.
After he had prayed she smiled and said, “I see things
differently now.”
Perhaps you now are experiencing a “shadow” on your path of life.
Jesus, the Good Shepherd tenderly invites you,
            “Come unto me all you who labor
 and are heavy laden and I will give your rest.” Mt. 11:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment